Wednesday, June 22, 2011

You Know

Trust 30 : Day 21 (prompt by Jen Louden)
Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
For today, trying asking yourself often, especially before you make a choice, “What do I know about this?”
Once again I'm not sure I can find the writing prompt in this one.  But I'll address a few things that I know...

I know that I have spent my life living deliberately. I do often ask myself what I know about many things before attempting them or asking others (I hate to call tech support). As a result, I have stored up a lot of experience-based knowledge. I don't claim to be 100% right, just 100% sincere. And that's enough.  I know I'd rather live and interact with people that are sincere than correct.

The truth I know that is the undercurrent of my entire life is that the truth matters. People matter. Communication is important. It's more important to listen than to be heard when building relationships. Masks make us feel protected but really they isolate us. Deep down no one wants to be isolated, but also deep down no one wants to be hurt.

No comments: