Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Overcoming Uncertainty

Trust 30 : Day 29 (prompt by Sean Ogle)
Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. Nothing can bring you peace but the triumph of principles. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Write down a major life goal you have yet to achieve or even begin to take action on. For each goal, write down three uncertainties (read: fears) you have relating to each goal. Break it down further, and write down three reasons for each uncertainty. When you have three reasons for your fear, you’ll be able to start processing the change because you know where the fear stems from. Now you’ll be able to make a smaller changes that push you towards your larger goal. So begins the process of “trusting yourself.”
All the life goal that haven't yet achieved fall into one of two categories:

  1. Those that I know but haven't realized. These are unrealized because they require patience. Some things take time to unfold. So, I am being patient while I prepare.
  2. Those that I don't know but will realize. These are things that are beyond my comprehension right now that will come to pass anyway. Some of these I will see coming and some I won't. 

For all my life goals there are two key components...patience and trust in God. So I'm keeping my eyes on Him and just enjoying the ride. Trust in myself? Hope in myself? His plans are so much better than mine!

No comments: