Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Facing (and Fearing)

Trust 30 : Day 19 (prompt by Dan Andrews)


Greatness appeals to the future. If I can be firm enough to-day to do right, and scorn eyes, I must have done so much right before as to defend me now. Be it how it will, do right now. Always scorn appearances, and you always may. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Trusting intuition and making decisions based on it is the most important activity of the creative artist and entrepreneur. If you are facing (and fearing) a difficult life decision, ask yourself these three questions... (please see original prompt for full text of the questions)
I'm not sure I can discern the writing prompt in this one. I will attempt to answer the three questions and base it on the dreams and goals I wrote about in the past could of prompts. Here goes...

1.) "What are the costs of inaction?"
In the case of the dreams I have, they all center on one thing...trust God. More than anything in life, I seek to follow God's will above all else. I hate religious cliches. I feel like when I say something "churchy" people tune out. In the past few years, though, the times that make sense in life--the times that have had the most significance--are the time I was close to God. And when I am close to God, I listen to and follow His will, not mine. When I try to force the future then I lose sight of Him. When I focus on Him, the future unfolds. So, the cost of inaction, based on my personal experience, results in a time of building. Times of inaction are times of preparation. Inaction can be one of the greatest parts of your dream. It is this patient persistence that develops you into the person that is ready to inact out the dream. Once the time is right.

2.) "What kind of person do I want to be?"
I want to run the race, fight the good fight. When I die, I want people to say that my life was lived in a way that proved that I loved God. I want to be a good father and husband. If I have God and my family in the right place in life, the rest doesn't matter so much.

3.) "In the event of failure, could i generate an alternative positive outcome?"
Yes, God works through all things. The things that look like failure today are preparation for greater things to come. Trusting God is always a positive outcome.

No comments: