Friday, November 4, 2011

Called

I believe that a genuine relationship with Christ changes your life. So, when you meet someone that is a fully devoted follower of Christ, his or her life will be "different" than those around them.

Here in Oklahoma, being a "Christian" is easy. Everyone goes to church or at least knows the name of  a church they can claim to go to if asked. They may even go there a few times a year, if they have time. Then there are those that attended every week, but their lives seem extraordinarily normal. Then there are "those people." You may have met one or two. "Those people" are weird. They do things that just don't make sense, but for some reason things work out.

I know a few of "those people." I've noticed that when you talk to them, there's a light in their eyes. Even when they are weary, if you get ask them about what Christ has done in their lives, they will suddenly be refreshed and excited. Their theology isn't just in their head. Their hope isn't just in their hearts. They haven't been waiting until they depart from this world to see Jesus' face. They have seen Him. They've seen Him work in this world. Often they have been a part of something miraculous. And now their life is different and nothing will ever be the same. In the best of all possible ways.

I haven't written a lot lately. Yes, I experienced the "expected" culture shock after coming back from my mission trip. It's been quite an adjustment. After being a part of something so unique and special, bringing light to a dark corner of the earth, it's hard to get back to "normal" life. 

Now there's talk of another trip. I have my doubts, that's what I do. But God has surrounded me with a crowd of His faithful witnesses. My friends "The Meadors" have such a radical and devoted faith it continues to urge me on. It helps to know I'm not the only "crazy" one out there! Then there is "Katie" who is getting a ton of international attention for her incredible faith and how she has fully given herself over to the work of the Lord. Her recent book has been a huge hit, against all odds.

Right now my goal is to draw nearer to God. I know that I want to go on every mission trip I possibly can. But more important than that, I want to be right where God wants me to be.

No comments: