Tuesday, May 31, 2011

#trust30 writing pledge

I stumbled upon Seth Godin's work about a year ago.  I found his perspective and vision inspiring.  Now he has challenged me to participate in a 30 day writing challenge. To be honest, he has no idea who I am, it was a email sent out to a ton of people, but I was on the list.  Finding the time to write has been a challenge for me, so my hope is that this throw-down will help me kick it into gear. More information can be found here:  http://ralphwaldoemerson.me/

God only knows what will come of this.  I know I am not qualified for this...I'm an IT guy not a "thought leader" or even a writer.  My blog is little more than an infrequently updated personal diary of my own spiritual walk. One of the inspirations for this challenge is Ralph Waldo Emerson's "Self Reliance" which is not exactly well accepted within the Christian community (then again, neither am I).  Not only that, I've spent the last few years giving up my "self reliance" and learning to rely wholly on Christ.  But I accept this challenge.  I accept it knowing that I do not rely on myself, but on God. 

No comments: